Monday, August 3, 2009

Mayday Parade in OKC

My good friend Ben and I hit up the Coca Cola Events Center in Bricktown tonight to see Mayday Parade in concert. We were entertained by four opening bands while we anxiously waited for Mayday Parade to take the stage: For the Atlantic, Theatre Breaks Loose, Unmarked Cars and The Taking State All of the opening bands were local and while one or two showed signs of a promising future the others were definitely sub par. However, it was worth withstanding their mediocrity to hear Mayday live.



The guys opened with "Take This To Heart" from their album A Lesson in Romantics, along with "Black Cat", "Ocean And Atlantic", "Jersey", "Miserable at Best", "I'd Hate To Be You When People Find Out What This Song Is About" and "When I Get Home You're So Dead", along with "Your Song" and "Three Cheers for Five Years" from their EP album Tales Told by Dead Friends. They also sang "Anywhere But Here" which will appear on their new album coming out October 6, 2009, and a cover of The Pussycat Dolls' "When I Grow Up".



"I'd Hate To Be You When People Find Out What This Song Is About"


Overall it was a great night full of great music, new and old. I can't wait to check out Mayday Parade's new CD on October 6th!




No comments:

Post a Comment