Thursday, September 3, 2009

Farewell Summer, Hello Real World

After three months of hanging out with a three year-old, a five year-old, a seven year-old and an eight year-old almost daily, I am now back to "Big Kid Land" and the stresses of college, money and busyness in general have taken over. I'm glad to be back at school with my friends, but I miss the kiddos everyday. Their innocent smiles and carefree giggles were always enough to make the stresses of each day fade away; and, now that those daily stresses are more prevalent than ever I am in desperate need of a snow cone run, a day at the pool, a trip to the zoo or a goodnight kiss from two sweet little boys. While these simple pleasures are not at my fingertips anymore like they were all summer, a day does not go by that I don't think about the four kiddos that reminded me what it was like to be a kid again. A slice of pizza, flipping past the Disney channel, a snow cone stand and even Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer", all remind me of one of the greatest summers in recent years.

A Day at the Zoo

While this summer was an amazing getaway from the real world, it also served as a means of expanding my everyday vocabulary to words such as "silly", "shooey" and "toot". Furthermore, my diet of frozen pizza, ice cream, snow cones, fruit snacks, and Goldfish, was a sole contributor to my 10-pound weight gain. And I must contribute my immense knowledge about shows such as, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Wizards of Waverly Place, Phineas and Ferb, and Hannah Montanta, to the rainy days spent inside.
All in all this summer will go down in the books as one of most rewarding experiences in my life. Not only because it made me reevaluate the number of children I want, but also because it gave me the opportunity to get to know my cousins and taught me how to relax and go with the flow.



No comments:

Post a Comment